Well, almost four years ago, I placed my first substitute teacher with a charter school in Milwaukee. I am very proud to say that we are still going strong and have added many new things to our Education offerings. We still are placing substitute teachers, teaching assistants, clerical and food service workers with choice and charter schools in Milwaukee. Some of the areas we are excited about for the 2011-12 school year include:
· Our Milwaukee division has grown, and we have added two Coordinators/Dispatchers to fill school requests, interview candidates and provide exemplary customer service to both our candidates and clients. Congratulations to Linda and Joanne for their positive attitudes, diligence and for truly caring about the success of our program!
· More online services are now available to our candidates so that things like applying online, having access via our Web center to obtain their employee information and accessing our database for placing themselves on assignments are just some of the many convenient options we offer each candidate.
· Our “client” side also has many upgrades so that schools can enter the orders if they so choose, access reports and see billing or specific information about completed assignments at their school. Many thanks to all of the hours and time put in by our IT team to get this done! David, Jason and Eric have worked endlessly to get our new systems in place and make sure that things are running smoothly!
· We now have expanded our geographic area that we service! Parallel Employment Group provides Education professionals from Milwaukee, south to the Illinois border and now in the state of Illinois as well! Susan is a dynamic sales professional who has opened up the Chicago market. Great opportunities and a well laid out plan make Parallel a preferred vendor for these schools!
· We offer a new program called MAPE, which stands for Music, Art, and Physical Education. This program is a solution to some of the cutbacks that many schools and districts are experiencing. Parallel provides a licensed teacher, in their corresponding area of expertise, for a block of 6 weeks, a semester or for a customized program that can be developed for each school based on their individual needs.
· More than ever before, our school clients are reaching out to us to fill “direct hire” positions, which means that a candidate is placed directly on the payroll of the school if offered a job. Parallel does the interview due diligence and background checking and then schedules a select few to interview with the school. This is proving to be a very cost effective alternative for schools so that they only spend time interviewing candidates that directly match the requirements.
Schools have started in both Wisconsin and Illinois and we look forward to continued growth. It is very exciting to provide such a valuable and necessary service to schools! Our existing clients have described how our Sub Program has streamlined their staffing efforts, and we have truly formed partnerships with them versus just being a vendor!